We hope that you are all happy and healthy and are aware that we have missed your family’s presence in worship very much. It has been a very long time since we were all able to worship together.
If you are new to Knox, we are looking forward to welcoming you and getting to know you. We understand that this is a particularly difficult and complex time for families and we want to do everything we can to make it as safe as possible for your family to be able to return or to be welcomed to Knox.
We are re-opening Sunday school on the first Sunday of Advent which is happening on Sunday Nov. 28th. While we have been practicing all provincial and regional protocols to keep everyone as safe as possible in this challenging time, as a family you will need to decide if it feels safe for your children to return. We want you to be aware of all the safety measures we will be carrying out in order to reduce risk of Covid transmission. We are also doing everything we can to keep our many seniors who are a a vulnerable demographic as safe as possible also.
Rane Love, our Sunday School Teacher, is currently in her final practicum of her B.Ed at VIU and so is familiar with all classroom safety protocols and comfortable with enforcing the health measures used in District 69.
1) At this point in time, all people who are 12+ and eligible for vaccination will be asked to show proof of vaccination and will need to sanitize upon entrance to the church.
2) Masks are mandatory for all people 5+.
3) Families with children will be sitting together in distanced family rows on the tech booth side of the church for the first 20 minutes of worship. There will be no children’s table until the Pandemic is over.
4) Children will exit the side doors closest to the families but Sunday school will be held in the lounge which is bigger and has better ventilation. Children will sit at their own tables except for siblings who will sit together at tables and each family will have their same tub of supplies each week which will be labelled by family. There will be no movement allowed between tables.
5) We will ask parents to pick up their children at the close of the service and leave through the lounge room door into the parking lot so as to avoid potential for any crowding in the narthex or down hallways.
6) It would be helpful that if you plan on attending worship if you could let Rane and I know on the Saturday before worship via email just so we have supplies and tables ready.
7) We will be inviting different families to light the Advent Candles each week and Christmas Eve candles so if your family would like to light the candles please let me know which Sunday service your family would be available to do the reading and light the advent candle.
8) This year we are going to invite children and families to participate in a virtual Christmas pageant to be presented on Christmas Eve at 7:00 pm. If families feel comfortable they are more than welcome to come and celebrate or watch it on zoom. We hope you will consider being a part of it.
If you have any questions or concerns or would like to make further suggestions regarding the protocols necessary to keep your family safe, please feel free to contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer and Rane