Whether it's your first time at church or you've gone to church for years, our Sunday services are a welcoming place for you to enjoy worshipping with others.
What Do United Churches Stand For?
- The Bible is central to our faith as a source of wisdom, personal prayer and devotion.
- We celebrate the sacraments of baptism for all ages and communion where all are welcome at the table.
- We are inclusive by welcoming everyone the way Jesus did regardless of age, race, class, gender orientation, or physical ability.
- We celebrate the marriages of same-sex couples, previously divorced people and couples of different religions.
- We view the religious practices of all people of goodwill with respect and gratitude.
- We cooperate with other churches, faith traditions and people of goodwill to eliminate poverty and protect those who are most vulnerable.
We Are An Affirming Ministry
In 2012, our congregation voted to become an Affirming Ministry. We believe that as followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to be welcoming and inclusive in order to demonstrate God’s unconditional love for all people.
We fully support the United Church of Canada in its ongoing efforts to include the marginalized, provide strong advocacy for the LGBTQ community, and challenge injustice and discrimination in our society and around the world.
We Gather On Sacred Land
We acknowledge that we gather on the traditional territory of the Qualicum and Nanoose First Nations. We are thankful for their hospitality and respect their stewardship of this land throughout the ages.