BASICS OF FAITH AND BEYOND
What do you believe now? Faith is a dynamic process and what we believed as children doesn’t always make sense to us as adults, so it is important for our spiritual maturation that we wrestle with our questions, doubts and new understandings and insights.
On Wednesday afternoons from 1:30-4:00 beginning February 5-March 25th Jennifer will be offering a class for newcomers and anyone else interested in exploring topics such as Theology, the Nature of God, the Person of Jesus, Prayer and Spirituality, Human Suffering, the Purpose of the Church, as a way of helping us to sort out what it is we believe now.
At the end of the 8 sessions participants can decide if they would like to be:
- baptized if they haven’t already;
- decide to become members of the United Church and be confirmed if they haven’t already;
- transfer their membership from another Church;
- reaffirm their faith at a worship service on Sunday, March 29th.
- If you don’t want to have a public affirmation of your faith, any participants are welcome to come just to enjoy the discussions with one another.
Please register with the office if you would like to attend. It is not mandatory to attend all 8 classes. Any questions can be directed to Jennifer @ [email protected]